Thursday, May 16, 2019

Rescheduled

Well, it didn't start raining today. It started YESTERDAY. Yeh, it's raining now and going to rain the rest of this week and most of next week.

WILL IT EVER END???????

Yeh, probably after all the song says it never rains in California. A lot they know.

Weekend of June 14th & 15th we're going to try Lake McClure again. Different space this time so I'll take photo's.

In the mean time I'm going to try to get out and see if I still know how to fish. Can't go upcountry yet. It's raining and that means SNOW above 5000 ft. Most everything is above 5000 ft. Most everything is buried in snow.

I'll do some research and see what I come up with.

Stay tuned. 

Monday, May 13, 2019

Camping 2019

We have a plan. April we were going to the Santa Cruz Redwoods. May - Lake McClure, June - Rollins Lake, July - Hope Valley, and August our usual trip to Upper Lake, but this year my son and his family are joining us. September is Hendy Woods State Park in the Redwoods.

All of a sudden my wife's boss decided she couldn't take off 2 days every month from work, but if she wanted to take a week or two at a time, that was OK. Do you understand this? I sure don't.

So, April got cancelled. June got cancelled. By the way, we had already paid for these spaces. Cancellation cost us $40.

Now we come to May. the Freedom Express is ready.



 The His & Her's kayaks are ready.


I've checked out Lake McClure. It;s only an hour and a half from home.

Drive down to the launch ramp

From the launch ramp parking lot. 

The launch ramp at Barrett Cove
Last week the Weather Guessers said sunshine, blue skies, and low to mid 70's. Perfect weather. New lake to fish, new fish finder to try out, 2nd trip out in the kayaks. Remember it rained all Winter out here so we haven't had a chance to try out the kayak's again.

Our camping spot
It's a little bit gravely, some dirt around the edges, but it has water, electricity, and sewer at the spot. It's got a cute little gazebo over the picnic table. Not perfect, but doable. We're scheduled to stay Thursday through Saturday and come home on Sunday.

Well, on the last Saturday morning news, the Weather Guessers decided that it's going to rain next week. Not every day mind you, only Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.

I've come to the conclusion that the Camping Gods hate us. The Weather Guessers, well you don't want me to comment on them, and management where my wife works, all hate us.

Oh, did I mention that July (Hope Valley) got cancelled by management too? We've got that one covered though. I'm pulling the trailer up the hill on Thursday and will drive back down and pick up my wife on Friday. Who knows, maybe she'll be sick on Thursday.

August and September were not negotiable. We will be going to Upper Lake and Hendy Woods. 

Maybe we'll get 3 out of 6 trips.

Stay tuned.