So this past weekend, I stayed home and worked on the back patio. I guess, when the house was built, the patio was screened. It was done with metal screen on the outside and the screen was held on with moulding. If you've ever had anything like this, you know that after a period of time, the moulding starts to pull away from the house and it takes the screen with it, which is now starting to rust, and causing gaps which let in bugs. We have a constant threat of West Nile Virus with mosquitos in our area, so a screened patio without holes is absolutely necessary.
A couple of weeks ago, we started to replace the screen. The old one was two pieces wrapped around the outside. One 6' on the top and one 3' below, held together with molding, stapled (looks like one of those hand staplers. Makes my hand hurt just looking at it.) to a 2x4 - 30" above the floor. Very up to code. NOT. To make it to code, we had to put a railing 36" high with balisters not more than 4" in between. The code says you can not have a ball 4" in diameter roll between the balisters.
We started the replacement.
A couple of views of the sections we have finished and a look toward our property and pond (no fish. Too shallow). Now screened on the inside with fiberglass screen and the screen is stapled and then the molding is added. We've completed 4 sections, one each weekend because we have to paint the outside where the old screen was and it takes a coat of Kilz and then a coat of the color. Four sections down 10 more to go.
With that said, tomorrow I'm off to the lake. Today I have errands in town and I plan to pick up a couple of the little yellow Rooster Tails that worked so good when Rich, Mark, and I went last week. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll let everyone know what I caught and where I ended up.