In the last couple of weeks, I've come to appreciate the little things. Here's a list of the ones I've come to appreciate.
1. Electricity. We've had two outages with this last storm. 15 hours and 1 1/2 hours. Short term outages not like the last one (96 hours). Much to appreciate.
2. Hot water. Nice to take a shower with hot water. Goes with electricity making the water heater work.
3. Heat in the bathroom. Electricity = heater in the bathroom.
4. A light in the bathroom. So you don't have to take a shower in the dark. You also don't have to take a d..., OK I won't go there, in the dark.
5. 4 wheel drive. I had to purchase chains for the wifes car, since my truck is in the shop. Haven't put chains on a car since 1989. Can't wait to get my truck back.
6. Clean dishes. Goes with hot water and a dish washer that works, when the electricity is on.
7. Your snow blower. Once you get the rock out of the auger, it works. I managed to get the rock out this morning and could clear the turn around.
8. Wood Stove. Your electric heater (we don't have one) doesn't work when the electricity is off. Of course, helps to have wood, too.
9. Rain. You don't have to shovel it.
10. Bob (I plow for fish). He clears the rest of the road from my turn around to the street where the county plows.
So there you have it. The 10 little things I have come to appreciate. Kind of makes up for the whinning in the last couple of posts.
Till next time.