As we walk through the process.
My book got out of Copyediting yesterday with 16 corrections or adjustments if you will that I had to make decisions on. These don't include all the changes in capitalization, punctuation, grammar, spelling, and word choice mistakes. Quite an interesting process. I got the manuscript back with page by page and line by line notations of what they corrected, what they deleted, and what they added that I missed.
When I wrote the manuscript I used Word spell check and this company, being a professional book publisher, blew Word spell check right out of the water. They use what's called the Chicago Manual of Style and every page had corrections. Kind of makes spell check look bad.
The corrections were made and the manuscript was forwarded to the graphics department.
The next step is the cover graphics. I'll be working on that this coming week with my contact in that department.
One note for those who have followed this blog for any length of time, some of the material in the book you've already seen and a lot you haven't, so don't be surprised.