- Needs a new air filter (no big deal, really. Maybe $39.00).
- Needs an A/C belt (about $109.00)
- Needs front brakes (about $290.00)
- Oil pan is leaking (about $600.00)
- Shocks are leaking (about $650.00)
- Somewhere there is a water leak in the engine (huge bucks just to find the leak)
- The transmission is starting to give me trouble (more huge bucks)
|A picture of a dying truck|
Yesterday this truck showed up in my driveway. Looks an awful lot like the other one.
|Look, no black tailgate!!!|
Nothing goes in the bed until the spray on bed liner is done. No stinky fishing net and stringer under the back seat. No tackle boxes on the back bench seat. No stinky anything in the truck.
Geez, for a fisherman, you might as well chain him to a tree.
BUT, it's almost brand new. It can pull the trailer without any problems (5.3 liter engine, same as the old one). Only 16K miles. Almost the same color as the old one. Both back doors open instead of just the one on the passengers side. The back windows roll down instead of snapping the clasp and pushing it out a little. It's got some many buttons on the dash that I'd probably never figure out what they're all for. Probably way to technical a vehicle for me. Maybe I shouldn't keep it.
What do you think?