Monday, May 13, 2019

Camping 2019

We have a plan. April we were going to the Santa Cruz Redwoods. May - Lake McClure, June - Rollins Lake, July - Hope Valley, and August our usual trip to Upper Lake, but this year my son and his family are joining us. September is Hendy Woods State Park in the Redwoods.

All of a sudden my wife's boss decided she couldn't take off 2 days every month from work, but if she wanted to take a week or two at a time, that was OK. Do you understand this? I sure don't.

So, April got cancelled. June got cancelled. By the way, we had already paid for these spaces. Cancellation cost us $40.

Now we come to May. the Freedom Express is ready.

 The His & Her's kayaks are ready.

I've checked out Lake McClure. It;s only an hour and a half from home.

Drive down to the launch ramp

From the launch ramp parking lot. 

The launch ramp at Barrett Cove
Last week the Weather Guessers said sunshine, blue skies, and low to mid 70's. Perfect weather. New lake to fish, new fish finder to try out, 2nd trip out in the kayaks. Remember it rained all Winter out here so we haven't had a chance to try out the kayak's again.

Our camping spot
It's a little bit gravely, some dirt around the edges, but it has water, electricity, and sewer at the spot. It's got a cute little gazebo over the picnic table. Not perfect, but doable. We're scheduled to stay Thursday through Saturday and come home on Sunday.

Well, on the last Saturday morning news, the Weather Guessers decided that it's going to rain next week. Not every day mind you, only Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.

I've come to the conclusion that the Camping Gods hate us. The Weather Guessers, well you don't want me to comment on them, and management where my wife works, all hate us.

Oh, did I mention that July (Hope Valley) got cancelled by management too? We've got that one covered though. I'm pulling the trailer up the hill on Thursday and will drive back down and pick up my wife on Friday. Who knows, maybe she'll be sick on Thursday.

August and September were not negotiable. We will be going to Upper Lake and Hendy Woods. 

Maybe we'll get 3 out of 6 trips.

Stay tuned. 


  1. Mark
    Hope you all land a bunch of trout and don't encounter rain, I think you guys have had enough wet weather.

  2. Mark, after all that it has to turn out for the better.
    Your a gamer.

  3. Hello, Mark, remember this old guy.......... I am considering a new float tube and was wondering if you could give me a good read on the float tube Cumberland...........

    1. Send you an email, let me know if the address works.

    2. Sorry, Mark, I have changed my email address. Feel free to send me an email if you have time.